
Smoky Mountain National Park


Pigeon Forge--Home of "Dollywood"
Gaitlinburg
Just this past week, Jason was in Oak Ridge, TN for the whole week. He has spent many weeks out there for training and I've never been there. Finally, we decided I would go this time. I spent from Wednesday until Friday there. Thursday was my day to sight see while he was in training. I drove from Oak Ridge to Pigeon Forge, through Gaitlinburg and into the Smoky Mountains. This crossed over into North Carolina and I went through Cherokee before taking I-40 back around to Knoxville. I stopped by World's Fair Park and saw the University of Tennessee. Actually, I saw more of it than I expected because I was looking at the map the wrong way and drove all the way through it and then some! Pretty much all the pictures here were taken from my car (first time I personally rented one!). One of the reasons why I didn't stop much was because I had gotten a cold on Wednesday and so I wanted to see things, but didn't want to do much else! Also, it's a lot nicer visiting places with someone else I found out!
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
I added two more states!
Posted by jthunt at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I've heard from a guy at work that Smoky Mountain National Park is very beautiful, and from the pictures it looks it. I agree about going sightseeing with other people - definitely more fun, especially if they drive so you can gawk at the scenery and not risk an accident while snapping a photo. :-)
Mel
Post a Comment