I got this idea off of another blog and thought I could use it here. Enjoy!
1. I was born October 12, 1977
2. I was born in Breckenridge, MN but lived the majority of my life in ND. I moved to Oregon when I was 22 for 3 years, WI for 10 weeks, Pennsylvania for 10 weeks, WI for 10 weeks and back to OR for 10 weeks. Went to ND for 4 wks and have lived the rest in WI (3.5 years).
3. I loved having 3 sisters and 1 brother, but I'm not sure I could handle 5 myself.
4. My Grandma Cleo was the first person close to me to die that I remember. I was in 6th grade at the time. I had a hard time and cried at the funeral. Before the funeral, Aunt Elaine told me that this is what Gma had waited for. To someone that age, it didn't make sense to me, but that thought has stayed with me.
5. I cry at all funerals, even if I didn't know the person very well.
6. I knew I wanted to be an optometrist since 10th grade when I almost failed my vision test for my drivers permit.
7. Even after being out in practice for almost 4 years, I still feel happy when I'm helping people. (at least most of the time with most patients!!) It seems to fit me very well.
8. I was always homesick as a child. Even just going to Gma & Gpa's for a week. One time, my parent's had to meet my Gma & Gpa in the middle of the night to pick Melanie and I up because I guess we were crying the whole night. I don't think I ever went back by myself until college.
9. I still don't know what my fear of being away from home was, but when I decided I wanted to be an optometrist and knew I would have to go away for school, I started to worry about that way back in high school!
10. I've always been a worry wart. I remember being in 1st grade and having a "blood tumor" on my cheek. It looked like a little pimple. Mom told the Dr. that he's better take it off that day because I would worry too much about it if I had to wait for another appointment. I think I've gotten some better!
11. I still worry about stuff but have learned to visualize what I will do in that circumstance, or figure out what the worst thing that can happen in that situation and try to see how I would deal with it so I'd be ready.
12. I used to practice my unicycle routines by visualization. It was just as good as actually being on the unicycle.
13. I'm glad I learned to ride a unicycle. I liked having something unique to show or tell in instances that may make you stand apart (ie. interviews, resumes, etc.)
14. I really didn't like competing at Nationals, but I was always glad I did it when it was all over. I would get really nervous for my individual artistic freestyle, but always felt like I should do one.
15. I'm proud that I got into an expert racing heat for the 100 m. I still regret that I looked back and fell off so was disqualified. I learned my lesson!
16. I played the flute in HS and middle school and have played the piano since I was maybe 4?
17. I never really had the talent for piano, but I'm glad I can play well enough to be able to sit down and play for fun.
18. I graduated high school in 1996 as valedictorian. School always seemed to come easy to me.
19. I've always been a "good girl".
20. The "worst" thing I think I've done is going out at 3 AM to Stop & Go in Valley City with my friend, Heath, for ice cream. Boy did that feel rebellious! :)
21. I went to undergrad at Valley City State University. I graduated in 2000 with a BA in Chemistry with minors in Math and Physics.
22. The only B I got in undergrad was in Composition II. The majority of the class was about poetry. I still dislike poetry. (unless it rhymes like Dr. Seuss!)
23. My last year at VCSU was different as I didn't have my best friend, Angie there. She was off to Pharmacy School that year.
24. It helped me grow by making new friends and getting acquainted better with old ones, like Traci.
25. It seemed to be a good stepping stone to moving away.
26. My worst summer job was working at Blimpie Subs and Such. I do have new appreciation for the people who work at places like that!
27. Other jobs I had were working at a Credit Bureau, doing temp work in offices, working at a catering place where they took food to companies at their lunch time, in the cataloging department at VCSU library and as a Chemistry lab assistant. I filed one summer as a temp at the State of WI Well Women Program. I also helped out one of the professors in optometry school a few hours a week.
28. I've always thought it would be fun to be a surgical assistant. You can be in on the surgeries, but if something goes wrong, it's not your responsibility!
29. I met Jason on May 26, 2000 online!
30. Actually, Jon had given him my name (and IM) when he was in San Diego for a wedding and both of us figured that if the other person wanted to talk, they would write. Well, Jon didn't give me any info besides, "there's a guy, Jason, who is from WI, but lives in San Diego and I gave him your IM".
31. Jason was getting ready to move back to WI and he was deleting IM names of people he didn't talk to anymore or weren't working. I almost got deleted! But, I happened to be on at the moment.
32. This was very strange as I was no longer at VCSU where we had access to computers 24/7 (laptop campus) and I didn't get on very often at home since we had dial up. But, my friend, Angie had called and we, being the cheap college students we were, were going to talk online instead of on the phone.
33. We talked either on the computer or phone or in person almost every day since! We met for the first time at the Mall of America in early July.
34. He had just moved back to WI and in early August, I moved out to Oregon!
35. I always wanted to marry someone who had a "desk job" but I didn't want them to have "pansy hands". I guess I didn't realize that a health physicist would fit that description! I didn't even know what one was before Jason!
36. I had a great time living in Forest Grove, OR. I met lots of people and had a lot of new experiences.
37. I'm really glad for Barb and Rick. I was glad that it worked out for them to be in the area since it was so far away from anything I knew! Thanks for living with me for 2 years, Barb!
38. I had my first roommate besides a family member out there....actually, it was 2 for a while! Nellie and Sara!
39. One of my best friends from optometry school ended up being someone who had interviewed the same day as I did almost a year earlier. David and I still keep in touch!
40. I got to travel to a few more places than I normally would have. I went to BC, Seattle, many times, southern OR, northern CA ("Jefferson" according to Nellie!).
41. Portland was a great city. I sometimes miss the things I used to do there....just the sights and sounds of downtown, along the riverwalk, the shopping. I don't miss the rain! I loved all the public transportation and how easy it was to use.
42. Public transportation is good when you don't like to drive! I would prefer to ride, than drive. It almost doesn't matter who is doing the driving!
43. I had the opportunity to go to El Salvador during my 3rd year spring break. It was an experience! During the week we were there, we did eye exams and gave glasses to people in need. That may be the only experience like that (actually being outside a major city in another country) that I'll ever get. I would recommend it if you ever have a chance.
44. My last year of rotations, I lived in Eau Claire, WI and did a rotation at Marshfield Clinic, lived in Waukesha and did a rotation at a private practice in Milwaukee and also lived in Hazleton, Pennsylvania. The PA rotation was by far the worst for my optometry education, but the best for getting me to see places I'd never been.
45. I love traveling with Rick. He always seems to find the places to go that you would want to, but make sure you have good walking shoes along! I went to Philadelphia with him, Washington DC and he was the only one to stay with me out there in my unfurnished apartment!
46. On my move out there, Barb, Brian, Jason and I went to NYC for almost a week and met Rick and my friend Andrew there for a few days. I really love NYC and would go back for sure.
47. I have seen Times Square dark! We were there during the blackout! Our motel was near Times Square. We had hotdogs that night from a corner vendor. He was doing a VERY good business!
48. I graduated from Optometry School in May of 2004.
49. I married Jason Hartwell Hunt on June 18, 2004.
50. I started my first "real" job in August 2004.
51. The 3 months after school and before the start of my new job were the most relaxing I'll probably ever have. I could sleep in late, go shopping, relax, etc. I also was able to travel with Jason to different areas in WI and into IL.
52. I really dislike that first job I had. I got great experience, but as you can see, I'm still there! In fact, that's how I'm able to do this list! :)
53. I opened up my own optometry practice (Verona Vision Care) on December 18, 2006.
54. I really enjoy working at my place and am very glad that Jason does all the "business" stuff. I probably wouldn't have done this without him wanting to help out. He's always wanted to own a business and I didn't like my job, so we put it all together in the town we live in!
55. I really dislike working 7 days a week! Hopefully it will be worth it in the end.
56. My dream car was a Ford Escape and in July of 2005, I got one! I probably waited 10 years for that car! I really still like it. I like the fact that it's a hybrid also.
57. I'm really not all that "green" but I do recycle and drive a hybrid. I feel that if there are ways to recycle, I'll do it, but I don't go out of my way to buy recycled products.
58. I'm not into "organic" either! Again, if the product is organic, or from the farmers market, that's fine, but I won't pay extra for it.
59. Some day, I would like to build a house. Well, not actually do the building myself, but have it built and pick out the design and interiors. I would probably use Barb as the designer!
60. I did look into being an interior designer, but I didn't feel like I was "artsy" enough. I looked at the curriculum and there were lots of drawing classes and that's not my forte.
61. I like to bake and make desserts. Unfortunately, I like to eat them also. Therefore, I don't do that as much as I would like to since it's just Jason and I.
62. I like to organize. (I get that from my mother!)
63. I would love to have a clean house all the time. If I could afford a house cleaner, I would, but I don't feel the expense outweighs the more days I need to be at LC to afford that! I would prefer to clean myself and quit LC! (LC=LensCrafters)
64. I love smells. Well, good ones that is! I like lotions and body sprays and some perfumes. I would love to have a "signature scent". One of those scents that as you walk by, it just gently floats behind you and people notice it and it smells good!
65. I've always wanted to go to London.
66. I would like to get to all 50 states.
67. I didn't fly until I was about 20 years old. I was quite scared and I still don't know what I did to actually get on the plane. It was another trip with Barb and Rick! We got a cybersaver and went to Portland, OR. It was spring break and we had to pick a city that had good public transportation. This was before any of us moved out there. There were about 4 cities to chose from.
68. I am definitely a night person. I go to bed around 1:30 or 2 if Jason is gone for work and I don't have to get up early in the morning. I have a good day if I can get up at 8 AM or later.
69. We have a cat, Phoebe and a bird, Spritz.
70. I've never really liked animals. I would pet the cats and hold them more in the winter so I didn't have to touch them. I would have my coat and gloves on! I think it's more of a sanitary issue.
71. Jason and I compromised on the cat. He wanted a dog. Now he's a cat lover and realizes they are much less work than a dog!
72. I'm afraid of guns.
73. I really like gerber daisies. They always seem so "fresh". They come in so many neat colors.
74. When I was in high school, I decided to stop drinking pop (soda!). I think I went over a year without drinking it. Now, I might have some once a month. I only really like root beer and strawberry pop.
75. I love to shop. I think that there really is such as thing as retail therapy.
76. I love getting good deals. I really have to think about something if I'm going to spend over $10 on it.
77. I love shoes. I currently have maybe 120 pairs of them. I haven't counted lately.
78. I have always been a little overweight. I am envious of anyone who at any point in their life has been able to eat what they want without fear of gaining a lot of weight. (Melanie!)
79. Since about 2001, I have tried to be diligent at exercising. (Sometimes more than others!)
80. I like it when it snows (as it is doing right now).
81. I love to read, especially romance books! I don't really like to read or watch anything sad or "real life" as I like to escape reality when reading or watching a movie.
82. I love the time around Christmas and New Years. There's something about having all the decorations and lights around any place you go, the time spent with family and people seem so much friendlier!
83. I never want to work retail again (since I still have lousy hours here at LC because of it!)
84. I think I would be afraid to have any eye surgery since I know exactly what is going on.
85. I've never been in the hospital.
86. I've only been in 1 car accident.
87. My first car was a '79 Mustang.
88. I like to write with a pencil, but haven't had to do that for a really long time.
89. The pens I like have to have a fine tip.
90. My handwriting has gotten MUCH worse since 2004. I now know why dr's have horrible handwriting. They have to do too much writing each day to be able to make it neat!
91. I've really enjoyed making this list out.
92. I think best in the shower. Did I write that already?
93. I feel like there's a writer in me wanting to get out.
94. I started 2 novels when I was in 5th grade. One of the characters names was Baretta.
95. When I was younger I wanted to name my kid Rainbow Mist. It was a character in a reading book we had in 1st grade.
96. I had a stuffed dog I really liked when I was little and I called him "keke". I don't know how that would be spelled, but I guess I thought it was a cat??!
97. Just as I'm getting to the end, I feel like there's more I could write!
98. Clutter makes me feel stressed out.
99. I really like reading other people's blogs, but rarely comment....only a lurker...sorry!
100. I am finally done here. I did the majority here at LC so at least it wasn't spending "down time" doing it! I hope you enjoyed getting to know me better.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
100 Things About Me
Posted by jthunt at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
did the ford escape exist 10 yrs ago?:)
Hey, I learned some new things about you! And was reminded of some things I haven't thought about for a very long time! Fun!
I liked your list. We have something in common...I'm usually a blog lurker, too! :)
I also like your snow photos. Stay warm.
i want to see you ride your unicyle! Enjoyed your list.
I just want to correct the fact that I've like Ford Escapes since they first came out in 2001!! I was thinking it was earlier. It felt like longer that I've wanted one! Thanks, Theo, for pointing out that fact!
Post a Comment